Did something new today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhelegda

Reaction score
I celebrated National Homebrew Day by making a black IPA, today I used accumash and yeast nutrient, I had active fermentation an hour after I added my yeast stater I use Wyeast American Ale II. Thought I'd share, never had one take off so quick before!

That is pretty quick. You are controlling the fermentation temperature? If the temps are good and the yeast handling is good you are well on your way.

I usually end up my brew sessions in the early evening. I put my fermenters in my chamber and usually don't look until at least the next day but sometimes I hear the bubbles in the blow off container. I really don't know how quick the fastest one started.

If I'm brewing an ale I put them under a pub table in my manroom out of light had have had great success. If I'm lagering they go in my garage fridge at a controlled temp. I was just surprised how fast it took off.

Back