Did Northern Brewer Purchase Austin Homebrew AND/OR Adventures in Brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

hout17

Crush it REAL Good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I placed an order with NB on 11/13 and it remains unfulfilled on 11/23.

Response from NB after an inquiry from me on the status of the order on 11/18:

"Thank you for the recent order. We have had some challenges with the current labor market and supply chains, which has lead to some delays. Your order was originally slotted to fulfill/ship on 11/17, but is currently back logged, by about 1-3 business days. We have brought on additional labor to help alleviate the back log."

5 days later it is still unfulfilled. I do believe I'll be cancelling this order and finding somewhere else to do business.
Figures here is a screen shot of an email I got on 11/13 saying their shipping speed is back to normal sounds like BS.

Screenshot_20221123-091406~2.png

DarrellQ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I placed an order with NB on 11/13 and it remains unfulfilled on 11/23.

Response from NB after an inquiry from me on the status of the order on 11/18:

"Thank you for the recent order. We have had some challenges with the current labor market and supply chains, which has lead to some delays. Your order was originally slotted to fulfill/ship on 11/17, but is currently back logged, by about 1-3 business days. We have brought on additional labor to help alleviate the back log."

5 days later it is still unfulfilled. I do believe I'll be cancelling this order and finding somewhere else to do business.
Similar thing happened to me. When I cancelled, within hours, I got an email telling me it had been shipped. NEVER will order from them again.

TalonsUpPuckDown

Reaction score
I posted my NB "challenges" earlier in this thread. This last time I went to MoreBeer. The order page indicated I'd receive my goods in about a week. Cool. The FedEx truck dropped everything off in 3 days. WOW! Under-promise and over-deliver -- great way to do business.

I'm sold.

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone has a lot of space and wants an historical item from the good old days of AIH, the Taylor store sign is for sale. This location went into a comma due to Covid in March 2020 and Blackstreet pulled the plug on the way out of town.

1669392463659.png

Nate R

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone has a lot of space and wants an historical item from the good old days of AIH, the Taylor store sign is for sale. This location went into a comma due to Covid in March 2020 and Blackstreet pulled the plug on the way out of town.

View attachment 792656
It says you can re-arrange the letters... hmmm....
New game! :off:

Ok- what's the best/ funniest thing one could spell with this sign??
I can't find anything innappropriate or bawdy...
Maybe "Bring me gore"?
Anybody got a better one?