Did Northern Brewer Purchase Austin Homebrew AND/OR Adventures in Brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

44Arrows

Reaction score
Just curious ,,,,, friend showed me a receipt from a AHB order that seemed to mention Northern on it.

okwesbrewing

Reaction score
They could of wholesaled products to AHB. I know Keg Factory uses MoreBeer's wholesale group. Sell a bigger inventory by stocking what is reasonable and outsource the rest.

D.B.Moody

Reaction score
Well right now Northern Brewer prices 3 lbs of Muntons light DME for 17.99; Adventures and Austin have it for 13.64. That is a major price differential.

Sammy86

Still thirsty
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
As said above, AIH owns Austin and they use Morebeer wholesale. I asked this same thing a few months ago and was educated.

kartracer2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well right now Northern Brewer prices 3 lbs of Muntons light DME for 17.99; Adventures and Austin have it for 13.64. That is a major price differential.
And Midwest Supplies sells it for $14.99. I know NB & MS are basically the same outfit. Same warehouse, very similar web sites but MB "free shipping" threshold ($49) is lower than MS. ($125) Still higher than AIH but closer.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

D.B.Moody

Reaction score
And Label Peelers has in for 11.19. It will be cheaper during a sale. I have never ordered from Northern Brewer. I used to use Midwest, but Northern brewer bought them (and AB-InBev then bought them and then sold them), so I started using Label Peelers, but not recently. Recently I used Rite Brew, which is great but doesn't carry Muntons DME or yeast or label making paper, and Adventures in Home Brewing which carries those things and had Muntons DME when Label Peelers did not. Heck, you can even by Muntons DME at Friar Tucks for 12.99 that last time I checked, but that was probably over a year ago now. So apparentlyI do care who owns what, what they carry, what they charge, and what the total will be with shipping.:mug:

Last edited:

kartracer2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have threatened to buy from AIH, Rite Brew and others before but I seem to gravitate to NB/MS (mostly MS lately) for kits, extract, yeast etc. because if it ships out Monday I (almost always) get it Tuesday. That's a deal maker/breaker for me.
MB gets most of my equip. needs because they do have the stuff and a kit or two if I place an order from them. I like the fact you can buy their extract kits with DME or LME, your choice. I hate that they ship FedEx.
It's interesting though, Midwest doesn't charge normal rates if you order bottles when you make minimum "free" shipping. Most outfits exclude bottles from "free" shipping.
I'll quit rattling and hijacking now.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

BCProducts

Reaction score
Yes i believe Northern Brew has bought out Adventures in Home Brewing and Austin Homebrew... I received an email from Northern Brewer stating all orders for all three companies will be shipped thru Northerns shipping company. No other reason for that then them buying out Adventures and Austin