Did I kill my mash?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poured a few pints. Still very hazy but not as bad nor grapefruity as before. Drinkable. Not sure if this is as clear as it will get or if I need a second dose of gelatin

FG is 1.028. I guess it’s about 4.2%. I suppose a lot of nonfermentables? Used Nottingham yeast

I recall seeing people complaining about a little crystal making their beers cloyingly sweet, wonder what they would say to your 1.028FG beer.

I think 1050 to 1028 is closer to 3%.

I recall seeing people complaining about a little crystal making their beers cloyingly sweet, wonder what they would say to your 1.028FG beer.

I think 1050 to 1028 is closer to 3%.

OG was 1060.. SG from the mash was 1050. Either way I thought it would finish lower. I did the FG from the tap. Maybe it’s the murky stuff at the bottom of the keg. If it ever clears up I’ll measure it again

Hey I had to scroll back on this disaster too...lol [emoji482]

Just curious what type of beer were you intending and what was your IBUs?

1028 is a pretty high FG, curious if you have enough IBUs to balance the sweetness.

Pale Ale. Basically a SNPA. it’s not sweet at all. Did this same recipe before and it came out pretty good. This time I got the mash all jacked up. Amazing the difference

Back