Did I kill it? DFH - Midas Touch Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beershralper

Reaction score
On February 9th I brewed a clone of Midas Touch based off of a few recipe sources, and between then and now, (March 14), I've encountered a few problems. Here's the time line....

Feb 8 - made a 2L starter or Wyeast 3787, it was on the stir plate for 15 hours

Feb 9 - Put in fridge decanted and pitched at room temp when wort was 68 deg 5 gal wort OG was 1.071. put in closet steady 65 deg

Feb 10 - Krausen was at the neck of a 6 gal carboy with orange cap and 3/8 blow off in sanitized gallon of water

Feb 12 - had 1/4 in of yeast sediment in gallon blow off carboy. Added 46oz Alexanders Muscat.

Feb 13 - carboy cap popped off yeasty cheesy mess all over carboy. put cap back on.

Feb 16 - Krausen seemed to settle, removed blow off put sanitary filter with racking cane in new cap on top of carboy. blow off carboy had about 1" plus of yeast sediment. found blow off hose clogged

Feb 20 - went to rack and found sanitary filter clogged. racked to new 5 gal carboy with air lock. gravity 1.034. put in spare room 55 deg

Feb 22 - Fermentation started again small krausen taking up about 75% of surface.

March 9 - Still bubbling approximately every 30-45 seconds. gravity 1.024

March 14 - Still bubbling same krausen.

So have I killed it?
It's still cloudy, and there is a 1/2" of sediment on the bottom.
Should I move it to a warmer space?
Any input would help.

Thanks
Beershralper

Just let it be for a few fay. If the gravity hasnt changed, its done fermenting and you an either age it or bottle it.

1)
Wyeast 3787...
put in spare room 55 deg...

2)
OG was 1.071...
gravity 1.024...

3)
March 14 - Still bubbling same krausen.

1)
Flocculation: Medium
Attenuation: 74-78%
Temperature Range: 64-78F, 18-25C
Alcohol Tolerance: 11 to 12% ABV or higher

2)
Flocculation: Medium
Attenuation: 74-78%
Temperature Range: 64-78F, 18-25C
Alcohol Tolerance: 11 to 12% ABV or higher

3)
The beer is telling you it's not done yet.

Move it to a warmer location, and let it rest.

3)
The beer is telling you it's not done yet.

Move it to a warmer location, and let it rest.

Ok, thanks.

My concern is time sitting on yeast and autolyzing.
But I will move back to warmer closet.

Latest posts

Back