So last week I started brewing an IPA and it wasn't til after my wort was about ready to hit my new fermenting that I noticed the lid was not airtight at the seal. I figured I was far enough along I'd best try to MacGyver it then let the wort sit at room temp while I ran to the brew store. So I dumped the wort, pitched the yeast (Safale 04) then wrapped the top as best I could with plastic wrap. Throughout the week I could see krausen but no airlock movement so I knew there was an air leak. On saturday I got a new carboy so I racked into that. When I popped the lid on the original bucket it had a bit of a sour smell and the bubbles in the pic below. I will take Revvy's advice and ride it out but I am wondering if having my fermentor not being completely air tight caused this or would co2 been enough protection.