Did ghosts steal my beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstuts2260

Reaction score
I was force carbing a hefeweizen that I brewed. I was a little rushed on time so I put it at 25psi for 2 days. Went to check on it and my entire keg was empty. 5 gallons gone...

There was some liquid in the bottom of the kegerator (which is normal because I have issues with condensation). But I also noticed about 6 inches of carpet that is damp.

Did my entire keg of beer leak out??? If so how the F did it happen? What can I check?? Suggestions on how to fix?

I've used this keg for prob 15 beers with never an issue, cleaning thoroughly after each use. I even run the sanitizer through the liquid port each time to make sure it doesn't get gunky.

I did a lot of research in trying to clone pyramid's hefe for a party that we're having tomorrow. FML...

Please help because I'm so disappointed that I lost this beer.

Was your liquid line hooked up? Do you use fixed or picnic taps?

On this keg I did have a picnic tap hooked up. Was that the F up??? If it's something that simple and stupid I'm going to be livid.

One of my freinds out in Lees Summit when he got his keg set up didn't have a party tap hooked up to his liquid line. Beer would shoot everywhere s soon as he plugged it on the post.

Probably not the problem. Sorry. Check your keg holds pressure, may have leeked around the liquid post.

I did have to think back....was I drinking when I kegged this beer? Did I keg this beer or just put an empty keg in the kegerator? After checking the carboy to see that it is in fact clean....so I'm fairly sure I didn't drink it all.

Then again I could have sleep-drank it. How awesome a sleeping disorder would that be?!?

The leak could have been from one of several places, but picnic faucets are notorious for leaking if great care isn't taken with the placement when not in use.

Back