Did anyone catch the Homebrewing Good Eats?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GloHoppa

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the Homebrewing Good Eats on the Food Network last night? It was pretty good, but he said some stuff that was kind of odd. He said he didn't use a hydrometer, he didn't aerate the wort, only used bottled water (sort of unnecessary I thought), and also said dry hopping was when he was adding the aroma hops at the end of the boil...

For one, I am a N00B but I thought that dry hopping was when you hopped in secondary, or at least when the wort is off the burner...:confused:

Still interesting though, seeing homebrewing on a national TV show...

T.V. Sucks, only adult cartoons, comedy, and the History channel are worth kicking back and watching. While sipping on home brew of course. Good sources of information are hard to find on T.V.

Blender said:
That show got me started brewing and I am pretty sure I ain't the only one.

+1 Some of his techniques might have been a little flawed; but he certainly showed a lot of people that it isn't all that hard to brew your own.

Back