Diacetyl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People never cease to amaze me. This is one of the reasons other countries hate America so much. 2 bags a day for years and he thought there'd be no comsequence? Im appalled that he won...

RainyDay said:
People never cease to amaze me. This is one of the reasons other countries hate America so much. 2 bags a day for years and he thought there'd be no comsequence? Im appalled that he won...

Should have read consequence...mobile phone, fat fingers.

and he has no personal responsibility in the matter?

Seriously, unless Kroeger himself came to the house and forced him to eat those bags of popcorn every day then I see it as suing the spoon manufacturer for your obesity issue.

This country is going down the tubes quickly.

Thats it for me, I'm giving up brewing.

And beer drinking.

No way I want to die from that.

I need a new hobby.

:cross:

(Actually, I had read that diacetyl may be harmful if heated and inhaled over a long time. I don't see how eating 2 bags would expose one to enough diacetyl to cause damage. I would not expect consumers to know about its dangers, because there probably isnt enough exposure.)

There's no science behind the verdict; most like the jury just saw a big corporation, deep pockets and decided to go off the rails.

The suit was a joke, a jackpot jury.

There's no science behind the verdict; most like the jury just saw a big corporation, deep pockets and decided to go off the rails.

The suit was a joke, a jackpot jury.

Yep, a jury of your peers isn't necessarily the smartest group.

Remember when the guy from Blink 182 was in the airplane crash? The NTSB determined the pilot elected to abort a takeoff after V1. V1 is the speed limit established for each takeoff before which you can safely stop on the remaining runway. Essentially, if a problem comes up after V1 you are going to deal with it in the air. Should have been case closed: pilot error.

But the pilot didn't have deep pockets, so they sued the airplane manufacturer, the brake manufacturer, and the tire manufacturer. Seems logical to me.

Back