Diacetyl Rest question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdf191

Reaction score
I have been giving my lager which has been fermenting in primary for 3 1/2 weeks a Diacetyl rest at 70 for the past 24 hours. I have never done a lager or a rest before and this is what surprised me.....My airlock started bubbling again?!. About 4 bubbles a minute. Prior to taking my lager out of its cold temp, the lock had stopped bubbling about a week ago.
So I am wondering did my lager fermentation get stuck at the 52 degree temp? Or does this normally happen during diacetyl rests?

I dont know if this is normal for a rest or it being a stuck fermentation. however, in colder fermentation temps the co2 could of gotten a little suspended in the beer. bringing it up to temp could simply be releasing co2. take a gravity reading and see what if anything has changed since the start of the rest.

Arneba28 said:
I dont know if this is normal for a rest or it being a stuck fermentation. however, in colder fermentation temps the co2 could of gotten a little suspended in the beer. bringing it up to temp could simply be releasing co2. take a gravity reading and see what if anything has changed since the start of the rest.

Arneba28 hit it on the head. It's just CO2 coming out of solution. Ignore it and move on or take a reading as Arneba28 suggests.

Gedvondur

Back