Degorgement and pasteurisation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_italian_cider_maker

Reaction score
Hi all!!!
I've a big doubt... I'm nearly ready to stop the fermentation in bottle, i left some residual sugar and reached a nice carbonation but I've also some lees in the bottle neck.

I'm planning to do the degorgement (I've used the cap with bidule) but I don't know if it's better to do it before the pasteurisation or after.

Any advice? Could the pasteurisation affect the taste due to this lot of lees in the neck?

I was thinking it's better to degorge before the pasteurisation, but somewhere I read that the lees could improve the flavour with time. I'm scared that the temperature could give bad flavours to the cider cause by lees...

Thank you all!
And always enjoy the cider!

So after disgorgement, you're supposed to add more wine (or cider) call the dosage? Wouldn't that have an impact on the cider if it was already pasteurized?
I will add the same cider taken from another bottle. I will use some of the same batch bottles to do the dosage.

So the content will be the same.

Latest posts

Back