Dedicated Garden Hose Valve At Kitchen Sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewieVessi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a pull out faucet which isn't adaptable to a garden hose connection. I have a brewie+ that has a garden hose connection/hose.
I'd like to add a small dedicated 1/2" ID garden Hose Valve to my kitchen sink without messing with my existing faucet.
Has anyone ever done this and if yes, can you post pics and URL's for parts, particularly the dedicated garden hose faucet.

Use on of these to add a second supply line to the line under your sink:
https://www.plumbingsupply.com/quick-tee-adapter.html
You will need a shutoff (hose bib, or ball value if you have a way to lock it in the closed position) for that second line, From the valve you would have anoteher braided supply line with 1/2" NPT ends. At the end of that line, use a 1/2" NPT to Garden Hose adapter.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, that’s very helpful. I’m sort of thinking the connection that is under the sink is a 1/2 inch compression to 3/8” compression. I’d like to replace the existing shutoff valve so I can get a full 1/2 inch flow. Probably I also need to replace that valve with a 1/2 compressor x 1/2 comp quarter turn valve. I could see having a piece of hose attached to the end of all of this to reach the brewie hose.

Back