Decent Deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
just want to get a second opinion before i pull the trigger on this one.

i've found a guy who will sell me his old keg fridge, 20# CO2 tank-full, regulator, sankey tap (not that I need this), lines and spout for ~$200, I think i can get him down a little. i know i'll need the extra fridge at some point in the future.

anyhow, what say ye? good deal or not?

thanks.

The 20# tank alone almost makes this worthwhile...just make sure the fridge is in good shape - have him plug it in & crank it as cold as it goes before you come over & bring a thermometer with you to make sure it's cold enough (below 42-45 degrees)

Well, I figure the tank and reg are probably worth $120 - $150. The tap you could probably sell/trade, but it's not worth a ton. The lines you'll probably want to swap out for new.

So, is the fridge decent? That's really the key, especially since you can get an old fridge for next to nothing on Craigslist.

Probably a decent deal.

Decent enough. I parted out most of my CL buy just to get the 12 keg keezer. The only thing I kept was the 20# filled tank and the 3 sankey taps since I've got converted Cornies.

Sounds decent to me. I picked up a kegerator with a nice wood front door, a 5lb filled tank and a big enough to fit 3 cornies for $160 and the guy was asking $200.

The problem was is that it had a crappy plastic tower with a cheap tap so I sunk another $240 into a nice 3 tap tower all stainless steel shanks and perlick faucets. So I am at $400 for it, but you couldn't find one like this for $400 so I am happy.

Back