Decent deal on a chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blwitt

Reaction score
Hope I'm putting this in the right section - first post...

Slickdeals.net has a posting for a Kenmore 8.8 cu ft. chest freezer at Sears (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04616922000P?aff=Y&sid=I0084400010000100383).
Original price ~$330 on sale for $199. If you search it out on Bing.com you can get an additional 20% cash back making the final price about $175 if you can arrange to pick one up at a local store and save on shipping.

I'd been looking for one for a while and though it may be of use to someone else too.

I bought that freezer Friday night. Seems like a good deal to me. I plan on using it as a fermentation chamber then beer fridge when I have none fermenting.

Nice move buying that freezer Friday. I happened to be in my local Sears Hardware last Friday and saw the 199 price and could not believe my eyes. Went home and asked the Chairman of the Board (my wife) and got the OK. Went back the next day and the price had changed to $280. Sears guy swore that it was the correct price and had no clue about the $199.

Went to Home Depot and got a 7.0 GE for $199. Fits better in my mud room anyway...

EDIT:

Just checked Sears.com and guess what? 8.8 for $199! I am somewhat less than amused. If it were worth the effort, I'd go back to Sears and rip that guy a new one. I sure hope that the smaller size isn't the difference in storing, say, 4 kegs instead of 3.

sounds like a good deal. How many cornies will fit in it without a collar (I like keeping my tank and cold glasses on the hump)

Latest posts

Back