Dear Abby.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Sudster

Reaction score
Dear Abby,

I have been so blessed in my life. Great parents, great wife and kids, great job, and great education.

When I finally retired, I could hardly wait to spend time en! joying my favorite pastime -- bass fishing. I got my own little fishing boat and tried to get my wife to join me, but she just never liked fishing. Finally, one day at the Bait &Tackle Shop, I got talking to Sam, the shop owner, who it turned out loves bass fishing as much as I do. We quickly became fishing buddies. As I said the wife doesn't care about fishing: she not only refuses to join us, she complains that I spend too much time fishing.

A few weeks ago Sam and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, only a few minutes ! later Sam must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Sam holding up the two nice bass that we caught and showed the picture to the wife hoping that maybe she'd get interested. Instead she says she doesn't want me to go fishing at all anymore! And she wants me to sell the boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself.

What would you do? Tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby or quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists?

Thanks,

A fisherman

P.S. I have enclosed

the picture of Sam
showing off the
bass that we caught.

Dammit, Boy !!!! I mean....
Dear Fisherman,
Have you ever thought that your wife might be feeling a little left out in your hobby ? I'd suggest that you invite Sam over for dinner one night so that your wife can get to know your new friend. I'd suggest cooking one of the fish you caught and serving it with plenty of wine. Once they get acquainted, your wife may enjoy your new friend as much as you do. I know I would !

Where did you get that ? I'd say that beats El P.'s big catfish picture by a mile. That's a nice pair ! The one on the left seems a little larger than the one on the right, but they're both very respectable. You got any more of them ?

YEs , I agree on the size difference. I wouldn't really care because both are respectable. I thought about EL. P. and how much he enjoys fishing stories. Thought he would enjoy this but his mind is somewhere in BFE. Wants to talk about camel toes...go figure.

sudsmonkey said:
Couldn't get it to play ! I'll make a note and go back to it later. Kids are bothering me for the computer. See ya later !
You're lucky, cuz once you hear it, you'll be humming the tune (and singing aloud at inappropriate moments) for the next six months. :D

Sudster said:
YEs , I agree on the size difference. I wouldn't really care because both are respectable. I thought about EL. P. and how much he enjoys fishing stories. Thought he would enjoy this but his mind is somewhere in BFE. Wants to talk about camel toes...go figure.
You are talking about the fish now aren't you?? :D

2nd Street Brewery said:
You are talking about the fish now aren't you?? :D
You know, if this were a college football (or somenthing like that) discussion board, a comment like that would have immediately spawned 50 photoshopped images of bass with camel toes. Sadly tho, since we're just a bunch of inebriated homebrewers with poor or dated computer graphics skills, we'll never be a witness to that particular fark. Too bad...we would have enjoyed it. :(

Hey Guys, can we get back to the camel toe sing along. It's in your head , so just go with it.

:D

Dear Abby: I've recently fell in love with two beers and don't know what to do. One is a "Blonde" and the other is a "Belgian".

What should I tell my wife?

-Thirsty for adventure

Dear Abby: I've recently fell in love with two beers and don't know what to do. One is a "Blonde" and the other is a "Belgian".

What should I tell my wife?

-Thirsty for adventure
This must be the new record for necroposting, so far. Over 14 years!

Back on topic, you forgot to enclose pictures...

Back