Dealing with stupid neighbors... (rant)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
Everyday like clockwork my neighbor makes me want to punch them in the face... My wife and I thought for our first home we'd buy a townhouse, nothing over the top, just something cozy for the 2 of us plus our 1 year old.... well, being new to the area we decided to rent first, then look later...

So we found a nice family community and move in, our old neighbors were awesome, sadly they moved and 2 young college girls moved in... now i'm not a snitch or a jerk, but these girls took full advantage of mommy and daddy flipping the bill for rent and had parties out the ass... after a few cop calls and complaints later the girls were asked to leave...

Now a woman and her 2 kids moved in, not sure if there is a dad involved, but there is always a different car picking up the teenage duaghter everynight... well, like clockwork the music starts playing... gradually it gets louder until you can def tell they are playing it quite loud... the sound is some techno so I can't i dentify it, but it's fricking annoying...

Then after a few minutes of loud music the smoke alarms go off, everyday, they either smoke in their unit (which isn't allowed) or they suck at cooking and burn everything all the time... I think they smoke in their unit b/c I can smell smoke if I go into our downstairs bathroom...

Anyway, I've called the office about the jackasses that pull up at 10pm and honk their horn for the daughter to come out, and I'm tempted to record the music and report them for that as well as the smoke...

I could be a jerk and call now.....

or....

In the next 3 months I'll be completing Fire Inspection and Building Fire Code Enforcement Certifications and I then report them as potential fire hazards and not following the communities strict rules on smoking, but I have a feeling that the community might get fined for not making it clear enough of their non-smoking policy...

anyway, that's my rant.

A good friend of mine had neighbor problems a year or so ago. Jerk backed into his truck and said nothing. So my friend was looking at all kinds of retaliation! Raw shrimp hidden in the car, etc. Not sayin' but........................:D

BraeHaus said:
Anyway, I've called the office about the jackasses that pull up at 10pm and honk their horn for the daughter to come out, and I'm tempted to record the music and report them for that as well as the smoke...

I could be a jerk and call now.....

or....

In the next 3 months I'll be completing Fire Inspection and Building Fire Code Enforcement Certifications and I then report them as potential fire hazards and not following the communities strict rules on smoking, but I have a feeling that the community might get fined for not making it clear enough of their non-smoking policy...

anyway, that's my rant.

Options A and B are good.

Abuse of authority for personal reasons (like what you contemplate in C), however, makes you the bad guy.

Or you could leave a "possum bomb" outside their HVAC unit.

"What's the recipe for a 'possum bomb'?" you ask.

Well, here ya go:

Take a gallon plastic container, like the one bulk pickles or mayo comes in, and put in a chunk of ripe roadkill. Add a pack of yeast and some beer. Now just leave it some place that will get warm.

Ta-dah! Magnificent stink! Harmless but foul!

My favorite spot was just outside an air intake for an a/c unit during the summer. They went for over a day trying to track down the stench before finding out where it was. Good times!

Bedlam said:
Or you could leave a "possum bomb" outside their HVAC unit.

"What's the recipe for a 'possum bomb'?" you ask.

Well, here ya go:

Take a gallon plastic container, like the one bulk pickles or mayo comes in, and put in a chunk of ripe roadkill. Add a pack of yeast and some beer. Now just leave it some place that will get warm.

Ta-dah! Magnificent stink! Harmless but foul!

My favorite spot was just outside an air intake for an a/c unit during the summer. They went for over a day trying to track down the stench before finding out where it was. Good times!

That is truly diabolical!:eek:

I feel your pain. I had a-hole neighbors in my last place. They would cut their grass on Sunday every time I was BBQing with friends over. Needless to say, I stopped offering them brisket, ribs & pulled pork. The other neighbor would smoke outside which was upwind from our bedroom window. We could never sleep with the windows open.

Anyway, we solved that problem with a bigger lot. 200' wide by 800' long and the house is smack dab in the middle. No neighbors to see what so ever.

possum bomb eh? Someone I know, I'm not saying who... used to be called to go break up field parties in winter. Usually the kids would run when he rolled up in uniform. Instead of towing the cars and waiting around for the kids to come back he would just put a little pepper spray in the car vents. Once the kids got back in their cars to leave and turned on the heater well.... you know the rest. He also often made underage kids pour out their beer INSIDE their parents car when he pulled them over. This way the kids didn't get booked and the parents were sure to find out.

dantodd said:
He also often made underage kids pour out their beer INSIDE their parents car when he pulled them over. This way the kids didn't get booked and the parents were sure to find out.

That makes me want to become a cop.

Docapi said:
Options A and B are good.

Abuse of authority for personal reasons (like what you contemplate in C), however, makes you the bad guy.

yeah, i'd rather not loose my certification to these nimrods... i think i'm just going to have to suck it up for the next few months... the wife and I are looking into purchasing a house, we found a few homes already and are now making sure we save up for the next 5-6 months so that way when we find the "right" place, we can be sure our investment will be worth it...

Back