Deal Or No Deal!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isac777

Reaction score
I was looking at craigslist the other day like I always do and saw this setup. Was wondering what you guys thought. A couple of things about my situation. I already own a setup to do 10 gallons. rubbermaid tun,2 keggles, and four cornys. Plus to look at the system I would have to take three ferries and a probably two hous commute. But I figure I could sell all my stuff for around five hundred. This seems like the ultimate setup. Should I pursue it or is that too much $$$$$. I was thinking about making my own stand anyway.

Beer Brewing System

You are too late buddy, I'm on my way to Friday Harbor to get it right now.

Just kidding. I'd want to see more pics, but it looks like a solid design. And if I'm not mistaken it looks like he converted a 15GAL keg into a fermenter. Pretty sweet. It's probably a decent deal.

Also consider the price of a new one. Take a look here at Morebeer, and that's without the fermenter, kegs, etc...

I'd offer less but there is a lot of what appears to be good equipment. If you had to buy Cornelius kegs, Sankey kegs, CO2 bottle, wort chiller, burners, etc. you'd spend quite a bit of money and then you'd need to work on plumbing it all together with either rigid or flexible plumbing. If you pull the trigger take some additional pictures and post some closeups. Looks good to me.

Well I never called him and probably for a good thing. I really don't need all the extras plus with my job I am going on unemployment soon. What I was really looking for was a push one way or another and after thinking about it for a while maybe not such a hot deal. Probably take it at a g but my next purchase will probably be a conical (blichmann I think). Sometimes a different aspect kind of makes ya realize.. my wife said, "well with the stand can you make more than 10 gallons?" and I said "well no but its easier". Then I figured the quality would be the same too. The next reason I did not do it was because even though I don't need anymore projects I think I would enjoy building that. I saw a post on this where the guy built a stand with no welding just unistrut and it looked sweet which I can get at work and do myself!

Go buy it and let me know, you could just take some ferries from there right?

Not going to happen for me either. Too much money that I don't have.

Back