De-Pressurizing Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schumed

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of gathering materials for an all grain set up...I scored some kegs driving around the Mizzou campus. All excited I founds kegs so easily and cheaply I wanted to open these up and start building my keggles. From watching YouTube on how to dismantle a sanke keg...first step de-pressurize the keg by using a screw driver and push on the nipple. Easy enough....so I stand right over it take my nice size screwdriver and give it a nice hard press down....took about 30 secs to figure out what happen...the keg was still probably 1/2 full and fully pressurized...with my one press I pretty much emptied the keg...never had a beer shower before! To bad I didn't have the camera rolling easily would of won Americas funniest videos...lesson learned...tip your keg over pointing away from you and de-pressurized that way...now to cut these kegs up

hah! yeah, I think most of the videos even show them laying the keg on the side.
Hope it wasn't too skunky!

Back