Dart Boards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bs22619

Reaction score
Are traditional dart boards bristle dart boards?

Can I get an automatic score keeping device while still using a traditional dart-board?

Thanks!!!!!

bs22619 said:
Are traditional dart boards bristle dart boards?

Can I get an automatic score keeping device while still using a traditional dart-board?

Thanks!!!!!
Yes the bristle is the traditional and no they dont have automatic scoring. Go with the bristle and steel tip darts, its worth it even though you have to keep score yourself, just get a small dry erase board and hang it up next to your board.

You can get a bristle board and then get one of these.....

escorelg.jpg

http://www.a-zdarts.com/sb/scoringunits.asp

There are actually a couple different units out there. I've been thinking about ordering one.
Jimi

There are electronic bristle boards but there's downsides to them...

1) they count bounce-outs
2) the divided segments increase bounce-outs
3) low durability
4) take the fun out of scoring it yourself

damnit i wanna play now..........

Just keep score yourself dude. I know you don't wanna, but it is the best. I ended up getting a nice, auto scoring, steel tip system, and I wish I had just a regular one. Trust me.

Yeah, well Ive already got a traditional bristle board and dont want to switch to another kind. Ive actually never played on any-other type of board. Looks like my mental math skills will get some practice.

The electronic ones kind of suck. I would only get one of those if I had kids running around or had another reason to worry about the sharp tips. Otherwise, bristle is the way to go.

A couple years ago, I wanted to recreate my experience of playing darts at college bars. So I bought an Arachnid Galaxy II dartboard off of ebay. I bought the cheap bardarts with the plastic fins and I love it. You can pick up an original Arachnid Galaxy fairly cheap on ebay, might be worth looking into if you want one that keeps score for you.

Get the bristle board , play cricket (easier to keep track of score), and also get some tungsten darts.

Brewpastor said:
go to dartboards.com and get a regular board and then make your buddies keep score, after-all, its your board and your beer.

See their banner at the bottom of this thread :D

Brewpastor said:
go to dartboards.com and get a regular board and then make your buddies keep score, after-all, its your board and your beer.

Play a drinking game of Cricket:
Teams:
(They = Opposing Team)
If your team scores a point they drink once (per scored dart)
If your team hits a single they drink twice (single 20, 19, 18, 17, etc)
If your team hits a double they drink thrice
If your team hits a triple they drink 4 times
If your team hits bull they drink thrice
If your team hits double bull they drink 4 times
If any of your darts miss the board YOU must drink 3 times per dart (once if it at least hits the board, bounce outs are counted as a three drink)

As you can imagine this game gets dangerous.... We delegated a drink as a mouthfull, and it can be evenly distributed among the team. We played St. Patty's day and had teams of like 4.... needless to say the best throwers were drinking and the crappy throwers weren't doing anything to help... *shakes head* and then the lucky DB or T.... *quivers at the thought of the day after*

tbulger: I'm actually really close to buying the $50 Razor Grip Piranha II 90% Tungsten darts.... http://www.edarts.net/st_darts/razor-grip-piranhas.shtml

I throw with 26-28g darts what about everyone else?

80% Tungsten unicorn steel tips 23 grams
80% Tungsten unicorn soft tips 18 grams

Darts and drinking is good times!!

Stick with horse hair board. Watching your friends try to do drunk math when playing cricket is worth it.

FYI- Dartboards.com is offering free shipping on all orders to close out the year. Just ordered a new cabinet set for myself.

Nothing beats a bristle board and steel tip darts. Nothing.

+1

Also, you still have to walk up to the board to retrieve the darts. It's only another 5 secs to make an slash or O on the scoreboard.

WAY back in the day I scored a Camel (cigarettes) dart board and cabinet. It's mahogany, with a chalk board for scoring. The board that came with it is really nice too. I'm tempted to sand the Camel logo off the front as I don't smoke anymore, but I'm betting it will be worth some cash one day.

Back