Darned women!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
Why do they have to be so impartial, intelligent and obective!!??:mad:

I've always noticed that when I offer some of the "good stuff" to non-brewers I always get a better reaction from the women than the men.

The typical example, although I find these reactions mirrored through most non-brewers, would be my parents in law.

Old lady:- Oh! That's interesting! I like that slight flowery smell! What is that? It's very smooth, and now I can taste something else! What's that? I like it!

Old man:- It's the wrong colour, and it tastes like a parrot took a **** in my mouth. It's too warm, I think you need to put it in the freezer for a while.

This thread was intended to be rhetorical in it's inquisitive nature. I know the answer. So many guys have been drinking crap all thier lives, been driving down the wrong road and STILL refuse to ask directions. :(

Why do they have to be so impartial, intelligent and obective!!??

As opposed to moody, irrational, emotional men? You, my friend, live in an entirely different world than I do. :drunk:

The ladies don't like my beer at all, but men sure do. I've never gotten an evaluation like your MIL gave from ANY woman. Even the men give either a good or indifferent rating and that's it.

Well, look at me! In the bloody minority yet again!! :D

Sometimes I wonder why Darwin didn't de-select me already! ;)

As opposed to moody, irrational, emotional men? You, my friend, live in an entirely different world than I do. :drunk:

The ladies don't like my beer at all, but men sure do. I've never gotten an evaluation like your MIL gave from ANY woman. Even the men give either a good or indifferent rating and that's it.

Fingers, maybe you're not giving your beer to the RIGHT women. I happen to know one that would love to try your beers, and probably give you a wonderful critique of it according to the BJCP guidelines. I'm just sayin...............

Fingers, maybe you're not giving your beer to the RIGHT women. I happen to know one that would love to try your beers, and probably give you a wonderful critique of it according to the BJCP guidelines. I'm just sayin...............

Yooper, when I get a brew that is wonderful enough to be worthy of passing your lips, I would be honored to send it along for evaluation. Until then, I will continue to disgust and annoy women in the time honored fashion of the men in my family. :mug:

I'm definitely the beer snob in the relationship. We went to the local micro last night, I had a to die for imperial stout, he had water. What can I say? When I get to brewing, more for me!

Is that the "water" that he's been trained to drink, or actual Perrier?

I love the odd ocassion when someone proves me right! :mug:

If it's any consolation O, I thought you were right all along.

Please try to disagree with me. It's looking like I'm just trying to suck up the the women here! :eek:

It's a genuine gripe that I have. Women have less issues with beer than guys. Maybe it's because most women have not been drinking what they thought was beer since they were twelve, I dunno.

It just seems to me that women get a head start on having a clean pallette in later life as far as beer is concerned. It has to be easier to have a well formed opinion based on years of most women NOT drinking crap? ;)

I know you want me to disagree ;), but I have found more women who like big stouts and RIS's than guys... 5-to-1!

IPA's are a different story, however...

Eric

It's a genuine gripe that I have. Women have less issues with beer than guys. Maybe it's because most women have not been drinking what they thought was beer since they were twelve, I dunno.

I think it's like having the hood raised on your car. It's supposed to be a guy thing, so that any male that comes over to look under the hood *has* to say something definitive, no matter how ignorant it may be.

The wimmenfolk, not being belaboured with testosterone, can see the beer as it is.

That's my pre-coffee take on it.

I think it's like having the hood raised on your car. It's supposed to be a guy thing, so that any male that comes over to look under the hood *has* to say something definitive, no matter how ignorant it may be.

The wimmenfolk, not being belaboured with testosterone, can see the beer as it is.

That's my pre-coffee take on it.

I think you may have something there!
I would also add that many men tend to "support" their particular brand in the same way they would support a football team. Any brew that they taste and know in their heart tastes/plays better than their own beer/team has to be put down as having a lucky game. :cross:

My SWMBO is half-german, and spent her early years in Bavaria. She has a serious bias towards German-style beers... particularly hefe's. And she's real hard on other styles.

Ladies can be that way, while men are more likely to say what they think, regardless if it might cause offense. Apparently he doesn't go for real beer.

my wife and every woman in my family doesn't drink. I'd be floored if my MIL were to tell me anything remotely complimentary about me beer. My FIL just says it tastes good, good enough that he'll request that I bring it with us for parties.

Ladies can be that way, while men are more likely to say what they think, regardless if it might cause offense. Apparently he doesn't go for real beer.

+1 As a generality, of course, men like to identify problems and try to fix them (sometimes by obnoxiously saying something they shouldn't say). The only problem with this is that some men like to identify and solve problems so much that they begin to see problems that aren't really there or at least aren't important in the scope of things.

Women are usually much more tactful and focus on more important things than minutiae.

I don't think that most men or women say what they actually think. They say what they think makes them look good. I still feel though, that women are more flexible in their stated opinions when confronted with an obvious truth. ie: This beer tastes better than that beer. Men are more likely to bang the same old drum rather than admit that their old opinion may not have been totally in tune with their new opinion that they are keeping a closely guarded secret.

Most women don't deal well with extremely bitter beers, particularly if they don't drink beer. But, something malty and a little sweet, no problem.

+1 As a generality, of course, men like to identify problems and try to fix them (sometimes by obnoxiously saying something they shouldn't say). The only problem with this is that some men like to identify and solve problems so much that they begin to see problems that aren't really there or at least aren't important in the scope of things.

Women are usually much more tactful and focus on more important things than minutiae.

Agree.

"Hey, check out my new car!"

Woman- "That looks nice! Does it have A/C?"

Man- "Sounds like you might have a wheel bearing going out."

's alright. You just have to know the people who sample your beer. I personally only know 1 person who I think could objectively taste my beer and teel me what they thin, and still enjoy it even if it was't "perfect". Then again, he is also a brewer....

Okay...I just read this whole thread....and maybe I missed something...

But, was I the only one remotely titillated by Yooper's statement!?!

You can "critique my beer" anytime, hotstuff! :D

BOOBS!

There, I said it.
23 posts and nobody said Boobs. I would much rather have my friends with boobs drink my beer,while I look at her boobs, rather than just a bunch of guys sittin' around talking about boobs.
And who know, you just might have a brewbabe recruit.

BOOBS!

There, I said it.
23 posts and nobody said Boobs. I would much rather have my friends with boobs drink my beer,while I look at her boobs, rather than just a bunch of guys sittin' around talking about boobs.
And who know, you just might have a brewbabe recruit.

Bet you serve your beer out of shot glasses, don't you NJ? That way they have to keep tilting the glasses waaaaay up....:tank:

Back