Dangit. 3 weeks in bottle? HAH!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vhampyre

Reaction score
So, I return from the LHBS with a bag of grain and yeast. Gonna take a whack at an AG, and my first kit is in the bottle a week. Let it age 3, going to let it age 3 in the bottle. A test of extreme patience.

Brother in law is here, their power is out.

Questions start about the box I brought in from LHBS.

A bottle comes out. Crash chilled in a bucket of ice.

Wham- 12 of 50 bottles gone, and I'm still working through the AG brew day. I have help now. (Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde).

The first brew was an American Pale Ale BB kit. Damn good stuff, though a little flat (hello, 6 days in bottle!). Screw BMC, this stuff rocks.

I'm drawing a line at half my supply of the Cream Ale. I swore I'd let it age 21 days in the bottle, and I want to know how it turns out if done right.

Also have a stout now 3 weeks in primary. Still haven't hit FG.

I am, however, now trying to convince him to help me out with a nice keezer setup, since he wants to whack my supply so hard. Otherwise, I'm going to make him wash bottles.

Weeeee!

So you are drinking the Centennial Blonde right now? I am getting ready to bottle mine! Drinking my very first beer.....after 3 weeks in fermenter and 3 weeks in bottle....a Kolsch.

thats funny. keep brewing! thats the best advice i can give. One party and you'll have to go through that terrible pain of waiting. I never want that to happen to me, so I try to brew at least every other weekend. Sometimes i wonder if having 30 gallons of beer in various stages is too much...nah.

Once you get the pipeline going it'll get better. I push 5 gallons in every weekend. Having 5 gallons coming out the other end every week makes leaving it alone till it's ready a lot easier. ;)

Back