Dance of the Yeasties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drksky

Reaction score
Building on my success with my previous fermentation time-lapse video, I've made a few improvements.
- Used a better camera. Quickcam 500 instead of the netbook's built-in.
- Higher resolution. 800X600 instead of 640X480. The resulting video was 8GB!
- Increased the image frequency from every 60 seconds to every 30.

So I now present: Oatmeal Cookie Brown Ale Fermentation. This was the NB BIAB kit. Wyeast Neo-Britannia, 750ml starter piched at high krausen. Starting taking images about 2 hours after pitching and continued for about 52 hours at which time the airlock was only bubble about every 15 seconds. At the most active period it was going constantly and sounded like a hookah. 5200 stills assembled into an AVI using VirtualDub, compressing the 52 hours down to just under 4 minutes.

Enjoy!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAcTrDmA40A[/ame]

Very cool!!!

Interesting how the thickest krausen formed towards the end.

It's actually still going, but just not as vigorous as at the beginning. But, the activity had fallen enough to where I didn't want to drag out the video any further.

I didn't get nearly as much visible top activity as the last one, a 1086 Wee Heavy that probably blew off about a 1/2 gallon of foam in two days.

It's actually still going, but just not as vigorous as at the beginning. But, the activity had fallen enough to where I didn't want to drag out the video any further.

I didn't get nearly as much visible top activity as the last one, a 1086 Wee Heavy that probably blew off about a 1/2 gallon of foam in two days.

I saw that one too....very cool.

Latest posts

Back