danby refrigerator troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalamcor

Reaction score
Cleaning out ice build up with a knife while drunk is not so much a good idea. There I was happily banging away with a sharp object a hair away from my hand when BAM!! I get a face full of refrigerant. Luckily I had no open flames nearby ( is the stuff actualy flammable?). Well anyway, now the cooling tray has a nice gouge in it. Is there any way to repair this without buying replacement parts, should i attempt to even find parts, or should i just scrap the thing and get something better.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but once you have a leak, they're junk. Even if you could somehow solder the thing together, there is no refrigerator man out there that will recharge it for you. Go get another fridge, and next time you want to defrost, just open the door,take out the cornies, and unplug the thing for a day. Let time defrost it.

Back