Danby DKC645BLS experience?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen those for sale at appliance stores for around $500. This is not a converted fridge. It was built from the ground up as a kegerator. I would venture to guess that it will hold 3 or 4 cornies, but that is a guess. Of course, if you are going with more than one corny, you will have to add taps........

I bet you can make it work for you, but just as a heads up, I've stumbled upon some unfavorable reviews of Danby's built kegerators.

See here for one possible solution.

Sounds like the digital thermostat is not to be trusted, but relocating the control sensor (I recommend taping it to the side of the keg or placing it in a container of mineral oil) will improve things quite a bit.

Then again, I bet most of the complaints are coming from dudes trying to ice down their kegs of BudMillerCoors and pissed they can still detect flavor. :D

thanks for the links. i hadn't come across them in my googling.

if there's issues with the Danby thermostat, then I'm having second thoughts... it looks nice, but I would have to (eventually) replace the tower. I'm thinking I might as well spend < 200 on a sanyo & convert it myself.

Back