Damn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezboarderz

Reaction score
I am in the middle of brewing my "Black Metal Wheat" and during the mash my grain bag seemed to have gotten stuck to the bottle of my brew pot and burned a hole in it about the size of a dime. I'm still going to finish everything up as normal and ferment it. It should turn out fine, maybe the extra little bit of nylon (or whatever its made of) will add to the taste :cross:

Just curious on anyones thoughts. I've done a ton of batches so I'm not necessarily a noob.

Hmmm, "Melted Nylon Weizen" now that's an interesting brew. Maybe nylon is yeast food?

Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. I wouldn't worry about it, his beer turned out perfectly fine in the end.

That happened to me last month with an oatmeal stout - the (muslin) oatmeal bag stuck and tore open. I got most of the oatmeal lumps out of the wort and the beer is fine.

Back