Damn you TumbleBus!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who knows maybe that bus driver will be your next brew buddy. I can see it now 40 taps along the side of the bus. I've seen that bus on John and Kate plus 8. Kids play inside, parents drinkn outside on the lawn....sounds like a win win situation.

Of course the other side of the coin is do you want to move into some place and immediately start a row with the neighbor over something they have potentially had in place for a long time? If it were my bus my first reaction would be - "you knew the bus was there before you bought the place. WTF?" I had a similar issue with a new neighbor about my boat that got a little ugly. Fortunately we have no HOA and laws were on my side for once. He eventually moved...

I would buy the house. Unless you're insanely rich, there's always going to be one thing you hate about where you live. I think if the worst you can think of thats' wrong is a hideous bus nearby to have sex in, the boo freakin hoo.

It's true. The alternative is some camper / boat / apartment complex / rusted out jalopy / etc that you will continue to hate and hate and hate.

Heck, there are even major parts of my *own* house that I hate badly enough to consider kicking myself out, or calling the cops on myself. :p ;)

Er, that thing contains children, pedophile :D

That thing contained college kids. Coming back from a sorority party at 2 am. Sorority Bus Orgy anyone? There are a few times in a man's life when he lives the dream. That was one. :rockin:

Of course the other side of the coin is do you want to move into some place and immediately start a row with the neighbor over something they have potentially had in place for a long time? If it were my bus my first reaction would be - "you knew the bus was there before you bought the place. WTF?" I had a similar issue with a new neighbor about my boat that got a little ugly. Fortunately we have no HOA and laws were on my side for once. He eventually moved...

If the property isn't zoned for business.... one thing to check.

Eyesore regulations may apply.

Of course, the owners might be the coolest people in the world.

I'd let you park 2 of those busses next door for one of these!

9846d1234880552-damn-you-tumblebus-2.jpg

Yea that little pavilion is pretty money. If you notice, there is a brick chimney which leads to a brick grill. Well, my hopes were crushed. SWMBO wants no part of the bus. I think we are going to go view the inside at least and get the full scope on this diamond in the rough. So, if anyone in Montgomery County, MD is looking to buy a home, scoop this up!

Listen, as someone who recently purchased a new house, let me give a little advice. If a house is just about perfect, but for one thing, don't pass it up. You would be surprised what becomes inconsequential once you've moved into an otherwise perfect home.

Also, the perfect home doesn't exist, only the otherwise perfect one.

Thanks for the advice Madman.Thats what I am trying to tell her. Also, She does not accept the fact that the bus probably wont be there in like 10 years (I would hope not). I am not letting this one go quite yet though, but just cooling my jets after a heated discussion this evening.

Now now. There's something to be said for any provate outdoor bar and grill, Tiki or no.

Revvy... I think if you have a bar that looks like that, you're required to put little umbrellas in your homebrew.

What you guys hating on tiki culture???

AND it ain't wine coolers plebes, it's martinis...

Have you guys never seen tiki bar tv??????

Tiki Bar TV

It's worth it just to watch LaLa dance drukenly...

2555115994_ba75c42ee6.jpg

Now take the dissin on tiki back and go lust after Lala....You'll thank me later. ;)

Mahalo....

I was just gonna post that, but I figured that the hators of tiki werent worthy to glance upon the wet beauty that is lala in the shower...especially how her shirt cups moistly the glistening mound of her asterisk cheeks.....*sigh*

I'd tumble in her bus anyday. :D

:mug:

My old neighbors had a tiki bar and when they moved they threw it out. We built a kick ass big wheel jump out of it

Buy the house- make an offer, and be very clear that the bus is the reason the offer is low- The sellers may have heard this before, and accept your lower offer.

My neighbors are a disaster, and the guy across the street has not had a roof or walls in the 9 yrs I have owned this house. But his daughter did welcome me to the neighborhood.:ban:(I was 26-she was 24)

I'll look for the thread with the pic of my next door neighbors home. The pic shows that the back of the house fell down, they put up a tarp, and when I bought, the came running right out when the agent was showing me the house and said they were going to fix it. They never did, until last year.

Here is their mess:
Picasa Web Albums - Robert - Pictures

Buy the house- make an offer, and be very clear that the bus is the reason the offer is low- The sellers may have heard this before, and accept your lower offer.

Oh...my...word....

How does a house not have a roof and a back wall for years and not be condemned?????

Well I hope the daughter was hot...she did have all her teeth didn't she? :)

There are three bars in town that have big wheel races weekly, so big wheels demand a fair amount of my attention:rockin:

Like this???

130849312_eb4422d012.jpg

byobw2008.jpg

0811dp_09_z+2008_competition_diesel_drag_race+big_wheel_racing.jpg

I didn't know there was a secret bigwheel culture...is it like fight club??? I don't know whether to applaud you for your ironic sense of uber coolness....or to remind you that your Parent's basement is meant for storage, not for living in...j/k

I really never knew.....wow...next you'll tell me that rock em sock em robots is now a betting sport as well...if so I wanaa get in on that action.

Oh...my...word....

How does a house not have a roof and a back wall for years and not be condemned?????

Well I hope the daughter was hot...she did have all her teeth didn't she? :)

Owners sister works for the township in the zoning office. I have a police report noting that "the house is in need of some repair"

Yes, daughter had all her teeth. Average looking girl with low self esteem,very loose, horny, and a natural redhead...

If you look at the overhead view, you can see the tarp across the street. If you look at the street view-no, the dog is not dead, he just likes to lay in the driveway.

Nope,no pics- she took them when I told her to GTFO-

I had 2 dogs when I bought this house, she brought nothing but aggravation and tension with her, and then she tells me she's moving in because she can't stand her father anymore, and when am I getting rid of the dogs.

There is the door- she kicked it on the way out and broke the glass.

How do you know those people aren't lit, parker?

That one dude is wearing about a pound of foam rubber on his head, and if my calculations are correct, one pound of foam rubber will cover the state of Rhode Island 50 feet deep!

Back