Damn, this hobby is CRAZY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your style.

Assuming you KC guys aren't in a club and you want to look into one there will be a bunch of KC Bier Meisters members at the AHA Big Brew Day behind Bacchus and Barleycorn Saturday after next (see the B&B website or the KCBM website for the time). If you like us we have our Maifest party the next weekend. I believe you have to join the club to attend or go as someone's date. The club year starts in May so everyone pays that day.

I would be interested in that club. I can't do it this weekend but keep me posted if you guys meet up again or let me know how to join.

There is also the Parkville Microbrew fest going on this weekend.

http://parkvillemicrobrewfest.eventbrite.com/

So much drinking, so little time....:drunk:

I drank nothing but bush light for 15 years, got a Mr. beer for christmas, brewed 2 beers and was addicted. Went from Mr. beer to all-grain and love it. I've spent just as much money but with the help of a brew partner. Haven't drank a bush light (and will never again) in 5 months. And the best part is, I've lost 20lbs, which I like to contribute to drinking good beer!!

I have a similar story. I Drank Coors lt. and Keystone Lt. for 15 years and pick up a Mr. Beer kit and then had to make the jump to a 5 gallon kit and so on. I brewed a couple good batches of beer and also have lost 27lbs. since I quit swilling da Coors! haha! I also contribute it to drinking my own good beer and a I can't leave out SN Torpedo.

I have a similar story. I Drank Coors lt. and Keystone Lt. for 15 years and pick up a Mr. Beer kit and then had to make the jump to a 5 gallon kit and so on. I brewed a couple good batches of beer and also have lost 27lbs. since I quit swilling da Coors! haha! I also contribute it to drinking my own good beer and a I can't leave out SN Torpedo.

Awesome! I thought it was just me. I think we should wright a book.
"Drink Good Beer and Lose Weight" We could retire and brew all the beer we want. HAha. Let me dream!!!!!

Awesome! I thought it was just me. I think we should wright a book.
"Drink Good Beer and Lose Weight" We could retire and brew all the beer we want. HAha. Let me dream!!!!!

That is so funny, My wife, Trista said I should write a book "The beer drinkers diet"

It can't completely suck. You made it. And, the best part of doing it yourself is you get to get better at it and see the progression of your beer. I am not sure if you are going to bottle at all, but I am now, just to be able to save them and taste them a few years from now.

^^ This.

It's why I think I'm going to stay with bottling. I can try and hide some from myself this way, and have them a long way down the road.

I would be interested in that club. I can't do it this weekend but keep me posted if you guys meet up again or let me know how to join.

There is also the Parkville Microbrew fest going on this weekend.

http://parkvillemicrobrewfest.eventbrite.com/

So much drinking, so little time....:drunk:

Oh yeah Parkville. KCBM will have a tent, the club president (Jim) will be doing a brewing demo. My wife and I are both officers. We'll spend some time at the club booth but we also got roped into pouring for some St. Louis breweries.

Back