Damn it... My beer is calling me again...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
For some odd reason, I am fascinated with my beer from start to finish. I love the smell of the grains, I love the smell of the grains mashing. I love the smell of the initial boil, then the smell of the boil when I add the hops. I often find myself opening the ferm cabinet so I can smell the aroma of the brew as its fermenting. I will pull the airlock out every now and then to smell the beer during and post fermentation.

In fact, I have a questionable batch now that Im pretty close to positive is infected - BUT I STILL LOVE THE SMELL!! I will go throughout the day having 'phantom smells' of my beer and other smells that always remind me of - you guessed it... My beer.

The worst part of it (god I cant believe Im saying this) but I was taking a **** earlier today, and it reminded me of my questionable batch. (Not to say that my turds were pleasant) but damn... What gives?
-Me

I already have one of those.

Well sorta...

Shes a wife, and come to think of it, shes rather bitter...
Damn. Ive come full circle!
Ill drink to that!
-Me

The worst part of it (god I cant believe Im saying this) but I was taking a **** earlier today, and it reminded me of my questionable batch. (Not to say that my turds were pleasant) but damn... What gives?
-Me

You might want to move the fermenter out of the bathroom!

Back