Damn it! car's battery is dead!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i was all excited, my SS picnic taps are at the mail box! get in the car to go get them....and the damn battery is dead! :(

so now i have to wait an hour with the thing on the charger....

just thought i'd vent, i'd post this in drunken rambling....but i have to stay sober while the battery is charging so i can drive...lol

If you had another vehicle/battery you could jump start it.

Just another reminder why I do not want an electric car.

my charger has a engine start mode...but i have to get out of my car to open the mail box.....which would be unpleasent when i got back in!

speaking of which...just got back! 2 shiny new SS picnic taps, about to go on the beer lines! :D :mug:

pic, sorry for the blur.....probably should have put them on my gram scale before i hooked them, now that i think about it...

1627164135887.png

Well I knew that was coming.

You've literally never, ever posted a sharp, properly exposed pic to HBT.
It's...uncanny...

i've got a 6 pack of 8% in me now....we'll see if i can hold the camera steady...

1627175351490.png

and that's as good a shot i can get with a $30 camera.....

edit: if anyone wants to buy me a spiffy $500 SLR digital camera.....i'll make a $500 donation to make a wish, or the red cross....

So.....why blow money on SS picnic taps when the plastic ones work just fine?

because they feel cheap.....i like the fredom being to pull the line out and get funky, and now that good stretch on the spring fixed the drip....awesome feeling in the hand, going to pour another in a minute. i'd be nit picking, that thumbing the handle is 'grity'....yeah it's awesome!

i love these things....i vaguely remember having to stretch a spring in my old plastic one 15 years ago to get it to stop dripping too...

(torpedo, bump in the road...but we need sterling silver picnic taps too! lol)

How much were they? And where did you get 'em....

morebeer, $20 a piece.....sounds fair enough to me, being that's what a ball valve costs for a mash tun.....

i would say taking it apart, torpedo put the weight into what matters. the actual body is pretty thin but the screw on top is thick and heavy, and so is the thumb lever....

this is the thread that let me know about them...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/why-no-higher-end-picnic-taps.686191/page-5#post-9137548

nope it's the weight of them....i get enough 12oz curls, but i need cardio too! feeling these things in the hand....takes my breath away.. ;) i'm still not sure how to feel about them being ice cold though....going to take getting used too...

I figured that was a membership thing. I need to go ahead and become a lifetime supporter. I check the site everyday and owe everyone here a lot.

hey man that's $200, don't slap it on plastic....but it's only $25 a year, and if a newbie comes along you like, split a twelver with them!

Wait, what?

You're ever sober enough to drive?

i've been drinking more recently...last couple years, but having my groceries delivered...i don't think thhere're hold ing the flag right....(and i'll leave that, because that's why the flag doesn't look right!) LOL but i love the SS picnic taps! gettin funky! feelin the chil! i'm up to 10 since 1, i'm drunk as a skunk, but widh i could have fun pouring more....this beer isn't that good, but if someone was here i could threaten with gang violence if they didn't drink it, i'd love using the tap!!!

Back