Dallas Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araknaphob1c

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm from the Austin area and I'm looking to hit some breweries in Dallas while SWMBO is at a business convention. Which breweries would you recommend?

There are good breweries scattered all over the Metroplex. Dallas area has Community, Lakewood, Deep Elum and Peticolas among others. In the Fort Worth area, there's Rahr, Revolver, and Martin House. Up north you can find several others like Cobra in Lewisville, Rabbit Hole in Justin, and Franconia in McKinney. There are plenty more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. Most have tours and/or taproom hours on the weekends and some during the week.

I haven't lived in Texas for a year now, but Peticolas was my favorite of the Dallas breweries. Their Velvet Hammer was divine. Never cared for Deep Ellum personally. My favorite bar out there was Meddlesome Moth.

I wanted to go to Peticolas but they aren't open the weekend I'm in Dallas. I was looking at Community brewing, Deep Ellum brewing, and Fire Wheel brewing.

I wanted to go to Peticolas but they aren't open the weekend I'm in Dallas. I was looking at Community brewing, Deep Ellum brewing, and Fire Wheel brewing.

I'd skip Fire Wheel. They've never really impressed me. Community is really good and Deep Ellum has a fun atmosphere.

I'd skip Fire Wheel. They've never really impressed me. Community is really good and Deep Ellum has a fun atmosphere.

I've never been impressed by Fire Wheel either. Community is good beer and they have taproom hours. And for OP, if his SWMBO is at a convention downtown, Community is only 5-10 minutes away.

Four Corners does taproom hours as well.

I just pulled up the address of where we are staying and it's within walking distance of Community brewing. I might have to drive out to Deep Ellum but it's still not far.

I can second Deep Ellum. I'm from Houston, but when visiting my friends in Dallas we usually pop into Deep Ellum. Their IPA is pretty good, and they are doing some cool stuff from what I see on their Facebook.

Is anyone going this weekend?

I'll actually be out in Fort Worth all day Saturday for the Untapped Beer and Music Festival. It's always a good time. Tickets are still available or you can wait for it to come to Dallas or Houston later this year.

I wanted to go to Untapped this weekend, but I have drill, so I'll be sleeping in the woods instead. Oh well, next weekend is the Greenville St. Paddy's parade, and I'll get to swap homebrew with a buddy.

Back