Cuyahoga falls water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjbalough

Reaction score
does anyone have any info on or experience with cuyahoga falls water? I've been using bottled water but would love to save a couple bucks and still make good beer.

Municipal water supplies in NE Ohio are pretty varied; everything from Lake Erie, to surface water reservoirs, to ground water. A quick search pulled up the City's water department website, which states that the City's water supply is acquired from a series of municipal wells near the Cuyahoga: http://cfo.cityofcf.com/web/utilities/water

Wadsworth's water is also obtained from wells. A while back I emailed Wadsworth's water department and they gave me a report on all the common salts that brewers are concerned about. The guy that responded to my email said that he could tell me from "personal experience" that The City's water was good for most styles! Try shooting an email to the water department and see if they can provide you with any info!

Snowden .. Never thought of that...I'll give them a call. Our water is unique for the area in that they use water from the Cuyahoga river to flood the well field... Then extract and treat the well water... It is pretty hard -

Back