Custom steins??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaley

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a website that sells custom steins? Or that sells very fancy ornate germanic steins? I think that those would be a good addition to my brew gear, and maybe some for my wedding if I can find a custom place... ;)

I've bought from this place before. Don't know if they do custom pieces, but I was happy with what I got. You might try finding a local pottery maker. Steins are just basically clay mugs with a lot of detailed artwork. The top is pewter (I think) so that might be a little more difficult to get custom.

JJL said:
I've bought from this place before. Don't know if they do custom pieces, but I was happy with what I got. You might try finding a local pottery maker. Steins are just basically clay mugs with a lot of detailed artwork. The top is pewter (I think) so that might be a little more difficult to get custom.

That place has some really cool steins. Was shipping a lot?

That place has some really cool steins. Was shipping a lot?

I don't recall. It may have been included, but even if it wasn't it shouldn't be more than about $20 max. They ship to you from the US. The steins are from Germany, but their not shipping you direct from Germany.

Awesome guys thanks! I'm going to check it out riiight... Now!

Made a trip to Germany in 2008, searched and searched all over for authentic steins. The goofy touristy ones were all over... finally found some in a little village it was a replica of an old German village. The pottery house there made old style replica's of beer Krug's.
Just found this site, you might find something authentic here.
http://www.steincenter.com/beer-mug.shtm

worksnorth said:
Made a trip to Germany in 2008, searched and searched all over for authentic steins. The goofy touristy ones were all over... finally found some in a little village it was a replica of an old German village. The pottery house there made old style replica's of beer Krug's.
Just found this site, you might find something authentic here.
http://www.steincenter.com/beer-mug.shtm

Awesome thanks, I'll check it out

Thank you everyone who posted a link for me! I found way too many steins on all the sites, and naturally, the ones I fell in love with are out of stock:merr: :(
Not all is lost, because I found some equally stunning and breathtaking and I may have to drop 300$ for 2 of them at least 2! Until the mrs. Finds out where my paycheck is going!
I love how they have the "history" ones, those are fantastic!! History of uboats, tanks,Berlin airlift, Berlin wall, they are amazing each and every one of them
So here's 2 that really caught my eye, the darker one is in stock and the goldish one is not

:)

image-737899547.jpg

:)

Attachments

• image-1966622551.jpg
    image-1966622551.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 134
  • image-107391805.jpg
    image-107391805.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 138
Oops, phone duplicated the dark one, and I dont know how to delete it :$

Back