Custom Made Glass Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel-Reserve

Reaction score
Whats up, I was wondering I could buy a custom made glass carboy..

reasoning..

I'm really new to this and i just drank my first batch and it was great! So my question being, ... Can I buy a custom made carboy with spouts on them?? some kind of nozzle i can hook up like a rubber valve in 3 parts of the carboy.. just for kicks, for example. at the very bottem, then about 2 -3 inches above that, and one more like 1 inch above that just in case of anything. . Use the middle valve for transerring to secondary carboy, and the bottem to transfer the remaining yeast for storage... sounds useful?????

getting something custom made out of glass will cost you more than just buying a stainless conical. The cost of hiring a company to make you a glass mold is huge.

Can I buy a custom made carboy with spouts on them?? some kind of nozzle i can hook up like a rubber valve in 3 parts of the carboy.. just for kicks, for example. at the very bottem, then about 2 -3 inches above that, and one more like 1 inch above that just in case of anything. . Use the middle valve for transerring to secondary carboy, and the bottem to transfer the remaining yeast for storage... sounds useful?????

Did i miss something? Why do you want a carboy with the valves, etc made out of glass? You can get what you are looking for in a Better Bottle. No, im not trying to start another glass vs. better bottles. Im just saying, they do indeed make what you are looking for with spigots/racking etc. But not in glass. Why the need for this in glass?

ok. thats fine.. i guess my first thought was glass, so i said glass.. i'm sure it will be easier with plastic.. as i have an extra plastic 5 gallon just laying around anyway, i'll try it. just wanted peoples input with glass.. thanks..

Back