Custom beer bottle labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdowell

Reaction score
Anyone have a website or a way they make custom labels for their beer / wine bottles? I am gifting my first-ever batch of beer to my brother and trying to make something special - because the beer is a bit less-than-spectacular LOL. It's smooth and clean, and has a surprisingly deep taste but is certainly flat without the priming sugar. And very little alcohol content but at least it doesn't take yeasty like my last batch! It may have got too cold and the fermentation didn't take place.

I've tried shipping labels that worked OK but it was a pain getting my labels to line up on the paper. I switched to getting normal printer size sheets of sticker paper and just cut the labels out to 3x4.

If your ok with a decent photoshop you can get pretty creative. My avatar was one I did for a barleywine that is hopefully ready by next Christmas.

I use photo editing software to create a design, I then print it out on plain paper with my laser printer, then cut it out with scissors and glue it with a Pritt-stick on the bottles. Painstakingly time consuming, but the result is something like this:
IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

I use photo editing software to create a design, I then print it out on plain paper with my laser printer, then cut it out with scissors and glue it with a Pritt-stick on the bottles. Painstakingly time consuming, but the result is something like this:
IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg
Thats awesome! Thanks for the leads. I used Labely.com and printed it onto full 8.5x11 label sheets and cut them out. Here is the finished product!
20171223_112137.jpg

Like others, I use editing software (I use Photoshop) to create labels, then I print them on plain white paper, cut them to size , and I stick them to the bottles with a thin coating of milk. They hold on great, and come off easily with some warm water.

Only down side is you can't get the bottles wet, or the labels fail, so no putting them in coolers on ice.

I used to use the Avery labels and print on my ink jet but I found they fall off in the ice bucket as well and they are pricey for what you get when you consider the ink and label cost. A friend of mine who lives in Toronto recommended Great Canadian Water Company. They mostly do private label bottled water style but part of that is really nice glossy labels. The labels are strong enough that I can usually get 3 or more refills before I need to remove the labels. It's a little bit more than the Avery label cost when you consider ink as well but the final product looks super professional.

I use the Avery disolvable labels and my color printer, they do the trick and they wash off in 30 secs in warm water. I'm pretty decent with photoshop too so I can whip up something cool in a few mins. personally I don't time to be scrubbing off permanent labels, I'd rather be making beer. For me I just need a way to tell which is which. I completely understand if you're intending to gift beer at xmas or something you may want a professional looking label

Anyone have a website or a way they make custom labels for their beer / wine bottles? I am gifting my first-ever batch of beer to my brother and trying to make something special - because the beer is a bit less-than-spectacular LOL. It's smooth and clean, and has a surprisingly deep taste but is certainly flat without the priming sugar. And very little alcohol content but at least it doesn't take yeasty like my last batch! It may have got too cold and the fermentation didn't take place.
Don’t use beerlabelizer. Great concept, but I’m out over $70 and still don’t have what I ordered 7 weeks later.

Latest posts

Back