Cursed dishonest people!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Happy Mug

Reaction score
Man, what a weekend. Not this weekend, last weekend. I've got to vent.

Sunday. My parents call me up. Somebody stole my dad's car from his driveway. Right from the driveway, right outside the bedroom window. Grrr, I'm mad. My parents are good people, and they don't deserve this.

No big deal. I take my '85 MR2 over there so my dad can use it for work. My girlfriend and I can share the '96 Cherokee for work and school. It's easier for us to share. They were going to share her car, but it's really an inconvience for both of them because of their work schedules. My girlfriend and I can share one vehicle much easier. I had this feeling that I'd never see her the same again - I thought she would be stolen too, but I was willing to take that risk for my father.

Monday day, right as I arrive to work. My dad calls me up to tell my somebody HIT MY CAR in the parking lot and left it. They busted out my tail light, pushed in my bumper and bent my right rear quarter panel.

Monday night. My girlfriend and I swing by to see how bad the damage is to my other baby. The bumper and the quarter panel I can bend back myself, but the tail light is totally bashed in and needs to be replaced. I also need some touch-up paint on the top of my bumper, because whoever hit it scratched my bumper.

As we are leaving we drive around the block to find my dad's car just sitting there. Nice. They tore out his stereo (destroyed his dash to get at it) and took the EMPTY cd changer cartridge from the trunk (Ignoring a very nice cut-off saw and other various power tools back there).

My car is rare. Finding one in good shape is even rarer. My car was in good shape. Now some prick messed it up and just drove away.

So I begin my quest to get my hands on a very difficult to find part. I cannot seem to find a junkyard in my state that has one, and it's almost $200 brand new.

Sorry, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Dude, that completely sucks. :mad: All I can say is I hope you find the part and the SOB. I'm glad you found your dad's car.

I had a 1959 Volvo as my daily driver for several years (with time off for rebuilding various parts) I can sympathize.

Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction said:
Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that [censored] doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

Ive had a car stolen. Just like your father's. Right outside my window, in the driveway. They just don't care. Sorry dude

I know of a BUNCH of junk yards, and know guys who own a few more. I'll take a look around for ya. I had two cars stolen while I lived in Phoenix, both were white. I'll never own another white car, the karma's just bad for me.

Thank you David, I am waiting their response. Toyota wanted $186 for it, but they don't have any - anywhere in the country. I've got tape covering the massive gap so that I can drive her, but I hate the look of it. She deserves better. Thank you everybody for making me feel better!

As an owner of a Jeep Wrangler, I'm somewhat resigned to the inevitable sticky-fingers syndrome, especially in the summer with the top down. Definitely sucks, but for me a nice homebrew at least is a small comfort. Maybe leave a special bottle of 'Ex-Lax Cream Stout' in the back next time :)

Thank you once again, David. One of the several E-mails I have recieved lists my tail light for a mere $35 here in town. I will call them in the morning. I am putting this link in my favorites.

Glad to help. I have a 17 year old car that was only in production four years and at a low rate. Busted a tail light twice in six months. Got the first replacement from SoCal and the second from Texas.

Back