Current best mini fridge for kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bionicrocky

Reaction score
Hello All. Been reading all the posts on building a kegerator. I'm wondering what currently made brand/model people have used. I'd love to get one on Craigslist and have been trolling it, but they seldom have the model number though and I just don't have the experience to eyeball one.

I can't say it's the best since I've converted exactly 1 fridge to a kegerator, but I got a Danby DAR440BL on Craigslist. It was new, but dented a little on the back, so I got it for 65% off new price. But it was an older model, which was actually nice because the shelving on the door was screwed on so it was easy to remove (like 40 screws though). The newer models are molded on the door, so you have to dremel them off. Not really a big deal.

It was pretty easy to convert it, but since I have pin lock kegs, I did have to shave off the plastic pieces on the inside that would normally hold the shelves. Again, not a huge deal, but more work. If you have ball locks, probably not an issue.

I have an Igloo that I got shipped from Wal-Mart for less than 200 bucks if I remember right. Let me see if I can find the model number in a bit. Tons of others have used the same model.

WArning... if you get one shipped from Walmart.com, you might want to check it out ASAP. I ordered one and it didn't cool at all, the door didn't shut all the way, and one of the adjustment feet was broken off. Just a pain in the rear. I've got a smaller Igloo I got off CL. It's only 3 CF, so it'll hold one keg and a 5# CO2 bottle + regulator, but that's fine for a single-tap solution.

Hello All. Been reading all the posts on building a kegerator. I'm wondering what currently made brand/model people have used. I'd love to get one on Craigslist and have been trolling it, but they seldom have the model number though and I just don't have the experience to eyeball one.

I picked up a Sanyo SR-4910 from Craigslist for $35. I must have responded to a a few dozen listings requesting model number until I got one that would work. Just need to ask :)

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/index504.html#post5924603
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/index505.html#post5953370

Back