Crushing Coriander

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roggae

Reaction score
anyone have any good methods of doing this at home? i have doen it beofre by using a pestal mortar type setup with a bowl and a glass, but i was wondering if there were any better suggestions out there? also i have some small amounts of speciality grians i'd love to crush, but i might have to actually truck to the LHS for that.

anyway, just throwin' this out there?

I've never used coriander in beermaking, but when I use it for cooking I crush it with a pepper mill.

Roggae,

I just brewed a Belgin Wit and crushed the corriander by putting the seeds in a ziplock bag and pounded them with a meat tenderizer. That was pretty easy and worked well for me.

I used a coffee grinder and was probably overkill. How much are you going to use?

oops. i just brewed a blue moon clone, and my directions didn't mention crushing the coriander seeds. they were in a little bag with the orange peel peices, all mixed together. i just put half in at the halfway point of my boil, and the other half in my primary fermenter!

Back