Critique this please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleJeepXJ

Ah... Leafy Goodness
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I went to my LHBS today to pick up things for an IPA and a Hefe. I saw the wine section and got to thinking... which is usually a bad thing. I know you can make simple wines from grocery store supplies so I picked up a pack of Red Star Pasture Red. on my way home I went to the grocery store to get things for dinner and decided to pick up some wine supplies off the top of my head. I picked up the following:

-5# Table sugar
-4 11.5fl oz Welches 100% Concord Grape Juice Concentrate
-2 15oz Oregon Blackberries in Light Syrup

Came home and mixed it all together and put it in the carboy with 3 gal of water. How do yall think this will turn out? Didn't take an OG because it was a long day at work and I forgot.

I suspect you may end up with a high alcohol, light (low body, low fruit) wine.

Just my opinion. Not a thing wrong with that if is what you are seeking.

Maybe to much sugar, i would have wanted to be around 3 to 3 1/2 pounds, that would make a wine that is drinkable when it is pretty young. You should still be fine with the 5 lbs but it will be pretty high in ABV and it may take a while to mellow enough to drink.

Back