Critique my label please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cladinshadows

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this label design for my BIIPA??

biipa.jpg

I like it. Can't beat simple vector art.

2 things:
-the IIPA is a little hard to read. Especially the first I since it butts up to the background yellow. consider moving it down, or decreasing the height of the letters so you have a little bit of black border

-The small yellow reverse text is a little hard to read, at least at this size. You could make it slightly bigger, or just add a stroke.

i like the label. looks like it could be a tasty beer and the label would stand out good amoungst the mass of beer at my local liquor store like a bumble bee. i just drank a stone-subliminal self righteous, yum!!! speaking of black iipa

I think it looks great. The main words don't bother me at all, but I do agree with Edcculus that the smallest text is a bit hard to read, and won't likely print out too well.

On a shelf at the liquor store, I would pass it over. It looks generic to me. However, that isn't the point. Props.

Well the point is that it isn't just another ellipse with a ribbon (not to say that there aren't a ton of great labels with that classic design, including on these boards). But the lack of a clever name definitely does make it seem cheesier...

Besides, can't do much else without artistic talent!

Eddculus, I think you're right about the small text, it'd have to be like an 11x17 label for it to be legible...

Thanks for all the input!

It reminds me of that caffeinated beer made for night clubbers. Not my style. I'd go with a flamboyant label since beer bottles make awesome wall collections.

Latest posts

Back