Creamy goodness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCSF336

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are brewing some beer for the first time and we're looking for a fairly basic cream ale with a smooth finish- anyone got a decent recipe that isnt going to cost us an arm and a leg?

Thanks for any help you might have and may the beer lords bless your brew:rockin:

Keep in mind that a cream ale is not really all that "creamy"... Its just a light beer made with some corn - kinda like a Miller with a tad more flavor.

If you want something with a creamy mouth feel you'd be better off with a malty beer like a Scottish Ale, Bock or a Belgian.

I assume you are brewing extract: Northern Brewer has a good smooth Cream Ale kit if you still plan on going that way... LINKY

Alright well Im definitely in need of a good Scottish or Belgian Ale with a nice rich finish, light on the hops. If anyone has enjoyed a Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat on tap then you'll understand the "creamy" flavor Im looking for

Back