Crayfish Season is here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenshead

Reaction score
We had our first crayfish boil this weekend. One almost got away.:D

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

It was yummy, and it was only batch 3 of 4.

We have a tradition every year of doing crayfish boils once a month during the season. I of course, bring the beer. We killed my "Lil' Supmin' Sumpin'" clone in about an hour.:tank:

We usually do three batches of crayfish with a special batch between 2 and 3. This time, it was a 6.5# lobster as you see.

It was yummy, and it was only batch 3 of 4.

We have a tradition every year of doing crayfish boils once a month during the season. I of course, bring the beer. We killed my "Lil' Supmin' Sumpin'" clone in about an hour.:tank:

We usually do three batches of crayfish with a special batch between 2 and 3. This time, it was a 6.5# lobster as you see.

Damn. And I thought I had just seen a picture of the worlds largest mud bug. If crayfish were as large as lobsters, there would be no comparison. They are delicious.

Man, I wish I could get crawfish here. I took a business trip to Houston years ago and ate them by the bucket. Absolutely delicious and yes, suck the head to get all the spices. Do not be afraid.

YOU CAN!!!!! We did this last June. We will definitely be doing it again soon.

We ordered from here and were very pleased

http://www.lacrawfish.com/

They ship them FedEx overnight. We checked with our local FedEx office AT THE AIRPORT and arranged for a Saturday pickup (rather than having it delivered). We got to the office and they are waiting for us and the folks there knew exactly what they were. Apparently there are other folks around here who regularly order them in season.

I didn't check the current prices, but I think we got 30 lbs last year and the final price was around $120. Well worth it!!!!

$120 is getting a 30 lb sack locally right now. Getting them shipped is going to cost a fortune this year, at least for the next few months. Farmers are selling almost strictly to restaurants now. Hard to get any for individual backyard boils. Definitely need to have a connection (and $$) to get any.

$120 is getting a 30 lb sack locally right now. Getting them shipped is going to cost a fortune this year, at least for the next few months. Farmers are selling almost strictly to restaurants now. Hard to get any for individual backyard boils. Definitely need to have a connection (and $$) to get any.

Sorry to thread jack, but Guidry we're trying to figure out if you're gonna come back for this season of fantasy baseball! Email Johnny O

I think we paid 2.99 a lb for that batch but it took some finding to get it that low. 3.99 was more common. The price should go down some as the season progresses.

Back