Crankandstein instructionspaper lost.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaC - Brew

Reaction score
I’m in the middle of building a base and hopper for my Crankandstein 3D mill.
BUT: I have been very successful in regards of putting the instructions that where included in a safe place. This place Is so safe I can’t remember where it is. :eek: So I would like to hear if someone here has these, and would help me?

I have also heard from others here in Denmark that they received a drawing with suggestions for building a base and a hopper?

Regards
Lars

brewt00l said:
Try emailing the company/guy for replacement instructions

Hi.

Thank you for replying me.

Did that yesterday. No response yet, but as I'm having all the tools out, I might as well get it done. Thats why I'm trying here. I'm having great problems getting it mounted correctly on the base. The roller with the shaft keeps jamming, once i tighten the screws. And there was though the instructions were scarce, as I remember them, something mentioned about this issue. And about the amount of free space the rollers must have in the ends.

Lars.

I didn't get any instructions Fred Francis just handed me the mill.

Here's some tips, drill the holes a little larger than the holes in the mill. This will allow some play to adjust the mill.

Make sure the roller(s) that are not attached to the drill or pulley turn freely if not loosen the bolts holding the mill and move the mill around until the roller(s) are turning freely.

Here are plans for a motorized grain mill from BYO magazine.

http://***********/departments/1123.html

abracadabra said:
I didn't get any instructions Fred Francis just handed me the mill.

Here's some tips, drill the holes a little larger than the holes in the mill. This will allow some play to adjust the mill.

Make sure the roller(s) that are not attached to the drill or pulley turn freely if not loosen the bolts holding the mill and move the mill around until the roller(s) are turning freely.

Here are plans for a motorized grain mill from BYO magazine.

http://***********/departments/1123.html

Thank You very much.

Just as I was posting my last message Don from C&S answered me, that he doesn't have the instruction at hand in a digitalized version right now, but that he'll get back to it once he finds some...

My holes are bigger, and I do excatly what You suggest. Have been doing this on and of for about 4 hours now. I've even been out to get som larger washers, so that I can move even more around, when I'm adjusting. But I just can't get it right. Everything runs fine until I tighten the screws.

Lars

The mounting surface might not be perfectly flat. So you might need some washers to act as shims to level the surface.

Or if you are mounting it wood maybe you could plane or sand the surface level.

It's also possible that your holes are to close together causing the roller(s) to bind. Maybe making them slightly bigger still might help.

abracadabra said:
The mounting surface might not be perfectly flat. So you might need some washers to act as shims to level the surface.

Or if you are mounting it wood maybe you could plane or sand the surface level.

It's also possible that your holes are to close together causing the roller(s) to bind. Maybe making them slightly bigger still might help.

Hi
Its mounted on a MDF plate (brand new, so it should be flat).

Don just answered me again, that; "The roller with the shaft is okay tight as long as the other roller spins freely and can move side to side easily".

So I guess I'll just have to live with the tight roller as long as the others run freely. :mug:

Thank You for your help..:tank:

Regards

Lars

Unless your surface is way out of alignment, a fair bit of friction isn't out of the ordinary. You can most likely run the roller with a drill and it will seat itself nicely in the bearings.

HI Lars

Another Dane always welcome here.

Jens Gam has the drawing from the CS instruction on his homepage http://www.jensgam.dk/billeder/kvaern_01.jpg . You can always treat me to a homebrew when i visit Fanø for the kite festival in June :) for the effort.

Have a look at jens gams homepage for a setup too, i did pretty much the same thing for mounting and motorisation. www.jensgam.dk

Cheers
Jakob

Edit - mounting bolts are Inch size, if you need 4 extra you can get them here http://www.triumphmotorcycles.dk (i only got 4 and needed 4 extra to mount mill on top of board and mount hopper on top of mill.

Hi Jakob.

Great to find other danes here... :mug:

I know the site of Jens Gam. That could possibly be the way I'll do it. But thank You anyway.

You're welcome to come visit for a beer during summer. Better make sure I'm home though.
I'm often on the danish boards: haandbrygforum.dk and the mail list on haandbryg.dk. See You there for?

Btw.: My C&S came with 8 bolts :)

Lars

Hi.

Thank You all.
Here's some photos of what my motorized Crankandstein with base looks like finished. :ban:

møllen%20053.jpg

møllen%20059.jpg

This base will be put on top of a large bucket, with a hopper on top (Not yet made).
I made a handle on the base for easy transportation and storrage, as it can hang from a hook on the wall.

There's a story with many pictures about how I made it on my homepage, but its in danish. I'm sorry. My page is not yet in english. But still - the photos are there.
This is the address: www.larchris.dk/motoriseretcogs.htm

Regards
Lars

Back