Crankandstein, here I come!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da5idzero

Reaction score
Turned 41 last week, and she said she was going to buy me a grain mill (because I don't stop talking about wanting one) but she thought I should order it, because she doesn't know enough about them. Today I got my replacement debit card (identity theft anyone?) and after confirming that my account was active I called Don at c+s and asked the few questions I had, and then got online and ordered the 3d mill with the base and hopper. Next Monday I might have to go up to north country malt, in NY to get something to grind!

I know I post very rarely here, but I have to say that this forum has improved my brewing incredibly, as well as my excitement about the whole process. I am actually thinking of checking out the online course offered by the ABG. We are moving to TC Michigan this fall, or next spring, and I am thinking of a slight career change. Baker to brewer, still yeast grains and water, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to tell someone what I did today as the soon to be mrs is not in town today.

Remember, Tuesday is brewday!

I got 3D a few months ago, and it has been great. I had to muddle through switching the post side, as my motor was turning the post the wrong way, and grain was flying out. I also had to cut two sections of SS sheet about 3 x 6 to cover the 2 openings, so the grains didn't fly out.

Good unit though, easy to change the gap as required.

I got one in April 2004 - really nice equipment.

Have fun.

I bought my own..........but my SWMBO got me a coffee roaster, which is nice.

I got my 3D mill a couple of weeks ago, mounted it under the lid of my old bottling bucket (serves dual purposes for now, wil be replaced as bottling bucket...) and cut a hole in the side of the bucket for a drill (corded, too much torque for a 12V cordless). Tried it yesterday, works like a charm and raised my eff. from ~60% to 80%!
I am, to say the least, very satisfied!!:ban:

Cool. I have a 2A as well, and it works great. Here's a pic (yeah, it's under the bucket somewhere :) )

mill.jpg

Back