Cranberry Wit, dry cranberry addition?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetitChouffe

Reaction score
I brewed a simple wit last week with some cranberries (added at the end of the boil). It reached high krausen pretty quickly (it's a low abv beer anyways) and is waiting in the carboy for me to either bottle it or do something else.

I kind of want it to be more pink and have more cranberry flavor, so I'm thinking of adding more cranberries into the carboy. I'm going to try just cooking some cranberries with some honey for a few minutes and then adding that. I'm not worried about pectin haze, it's a cloudy beer anyways.

Should I wait for it to cool down a bit before adding it? Do you think it will add more color/flavor than just adding cranberries on their own?

If the fermentation is still pretty active, the yeast will strip most of the color from the cranberries. Adding when the fermentation is nearly finished will provide the most carry over of color.

Latest posts

Back