Cranberry Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiewinemaker

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am in search of a good solid Cranberry Mead recipe. I would like it to not be dry but kind of a mild sweet one. I am not a big fan of the dry stuff yet.

IF anyone has any links to a recipe that would be awesome! We have a fruit trucking coming to town with fresh Cranberries on it and I don't want to pass up an opportunity like that :)

Cheers!

Have you considered having a dig round Jack Kellers site for a cranberry wine recipe then just using honey instead of sugar ?

Am planning one in the coming month(s) ....am thinking of going light on the honey, steep some honey malt for a bit o' residual sweetness, use 1116 yeast, and bottle carb it...haven't played with honey malt yet in mead, so only (lots o') time will tell :) ...although dunno if my idea would make it a braggot or not, am thinking no fermentables in the malt, it's just flavoring...I have no idea

I started one a few weeks back using the plain cranberry juice and 2lbs of honey in a 1 gallon batch. I plan to back sweeten with a cup of sugar after I rack it since the juice was very tart.

Back