Cranberry Cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwgibbs

Reaction score
Never made Cider before, but I'm wondering if this is Do-Able using EdWort's Apfelwein recipe/technique? Personally, I don't see why not, but any thoughts would be appreciated!
Cheers...
-Paul

I can't comment exactly on how it will work with ed's but I can tell you a little about whats going on with the one im making now. I added a bag of Craisins and a can of cranberry juice concentrate to my 2 gallon batch in the secondary. The fermentation from that has pretty much finished, the the cranberry flavor is just barely noticeable.
I have read alot of other recipes with fruit added to cider, and most of them say the added flavor gets lost pretty easily.
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on the board could help you design a recipe that could hold a good cranberry flavor.

P.S. The color of the cranberry cider is just magnificent.

I am far from a brewing expert but, I made 3 1 gallon batches of Ed Wort's. One plain apple, one with apple and raspberry concentrate, and one with a half gallon of apple juice and a half gallon of sam's cranberry juice. The third one I liked the best. I now have a 5 gallon batch brewing that is half sam's cranberry and half apple juice. I used the same yeast that Ed Wort used for his. I like to experiment and making wine you can try different things and see how they turn out.

Back