Craigslist score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixFoFalcon

Reaction score
I just picked up:

2 ball-lock 5 gal cornies
2 pin-lock 5 gal cornies
extra corny lid
2.5# CO2 tank
dual-gauge regulator
hoses & fittings for all of the above
3 5-gal glass carboys (one antique with a wooden carboy crate)

BONUS
5-gal mash tun (old school round cooler mod)
bench capper
35# (!) CO2 tank

All for $145. The stuff is dirty, but it's all there. :mug:

Great job! I would sell the pin lock cornies or swap them with ball locks so you keep the same type of connectors. Having both would be pain.

brewt00l said:
Were the kegs & related from the adv out of Norristown? If I had the room, I would have grabbed em myself.
Yes sir. The seller said he hadn't brewed in at least 10 years and he was moving soon so all the brew stuff had to go. I gave him $100 for the stuff in the ad, and he threw in the big CO2 bottle, bench capper, and the modded cooler. Then he mentioned the carboys @$15 a piece so I took them off his hands. I think I'm all set for fermenters now. :D

Two of the kegs were still pressurized after all that time, and had about a pint of stout in them. I can't say that it smelled appetizing. :( I rinsed out the really nasty stuff, then tossed 1/4 cup of bleach in each of them and filled them to the top with water to soak overnight. They look pretty clean now, but I will definitely give them a more thorough cleaning and sanitization before I even think about using them.

Ed: I was thinking the same thing about the ball-locks vs. pin-locks. I'll have to scrounge up a fridge or freezer and see which ones fit best. None of them fit in my old beer meister. :(

Back