Craigslist Score - Kegging System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

limprizol

Reaction score
So i was browsing on good old craigslist and the other day i saw a posting for a CO2 Complete Beer Kegging System. Long story short i had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get it but it was well worth it. I got all the stuff below for $50. :ban:

My only question is it came with a beer kit but it is like two years old and it is DME powder but it is solid like a brick. It would probably be a bad idea to use it right?

New 8 lb. aluminum CO2 tan
Regulator with check valve
Rebuilt and pressure tested 5 gallon ball-lock keg (approximately 26" tall)
Liquid & gas lines
Gas & liquid disconnects
Squeeze faucet for dispensing
Large Keg Brush (like bottle brush but bigger)
Floating Thermometer
Hydrometer (Broken... Not complaining)
Funnel
Racking Cane
BTF Idophor
6 Galon Glass Carboy and Stoper
Air Lock
and a Beer Kit but i think it is unusable.

OP
limprizol

limprizol

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Yeah i was figuring that it was probably no good to use i just wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks

Ketchepillar

Reaction score
Sweet find! If brew time is at all limited, yea, I wouldn't bother. But if you have spare time, it wouldn't hurt to try it. Try a 20min boil, no chill. Or use it to try to capture wild yeast or something like that.

barthautala

Reaction score
So i was browsing on good old craigslist and the other day i saw a posting for a CO2 Complete Beer Kegging System. Long story short i had to drive 1 1/2 hours to get it but it was well worth it. I got all the stuff below for $50. :ban:

My only question is it came with a beer kit but it is like two years old and it is DME powder but it is solid like a brick. It would probably be a bad idea to use it right?

New 8 lb. aluminum CO2 tan
Regulator with check valve
Rebuilt and pressure tested 5 gallon ball-lock keg (approximately 26" tall)
Liquid & gas lines
Gas & liquid disconnects
Squeeze faucet for dispensing
Large Keg Brush (like bottle brush but bigger)
Floating Thermometer
Hydrometer (Broken... Not complaining)
Funnel
Racking Cane
BTF Idophor
6 Galon Glass Carboy and Stoper
Air Lock
and a Beer Kit but i think it is unusable.
Give you $75 for it? j/k - nice find!

OP
limprizol

limprizol

Reaction score
Thats true when i have some spare time i can try that and if it sucks oh well it doesnt matter. Thanks for the advice

MikeScott

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not nearly in the same league, but I just saw some Carboys on Craigslist for $20. I picked up 2 6 Gallon Carboys for $40, and the lady gave me a case of bombers and 6 Cases of bottles.

I'm a happy boy! That brings me up to 4 Fermenters to play with! (not including 1 gallon bottles laying around).

OP
limprizol

limprizol

Reaction score
Not nearly in the same league, but I just saw some Carboys on Craigslist for $20. I picked up 2 6 Gallon Carboys for $40, and the lady gave me a case of bombers and 6 Cases of bottles.

I'm a happy boy! That brings me up to 4 Fermenters to play with! (not including 1 gallon bottles laying around).
Congrats on the good Find.

I haven't brewed in a while but with all this new stuff now i gotta brew something

ODP

Reaction score
Awesome find! I just bought a 30# CO2 tank on CL for $50...not NEARLY as good as deal as your find- but still....Craigslist rocks! :rockin:

noblesquirrel

Reaction score
I was super lucky with my keg setup. My girlfriend had been working at her job for less than a year and one of the guys that she worked with knew someone who was moving and didn't brew anymore. He had a 5lb CO2 tank, two ball lock kegs, regulator, picnic tap and about 3 buckets. Apparently he had a turkey fryer but already gave that away. So I got my set up for a sixer of homebrew finders fee. Best deal ever and a complete fluke.:rockin:

Latest posts