Craigslist score "empty full keg"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmagy

Reaction score
double damn.. i knew it sounded too good to be true! My dreams of 20 gal batches were running down my leg! turned out to be a decent half barrel keg so i grabbed it anyway.. but dang i was having dreams of large batches.

20 gallons is too much of the same thing for me... I like variety, 10 gallon batches keep the haus ale tap flowing, but the others are constantly changing seasonally. I just think (for me) making 20gal at a time would eat up kegs (and be a pita to do...)...my .02

not really, ad said 75 bucks, which i thought was a steal for a 30 gal keg.... the persons father drove 40 miles to meet me so i didn't feel right about hagling, so i paid 80 since i didn't have change on me at the time... so not horrible, and i did need a mashtun, but not really a "score". had kansas acb stickers all over it of all things..

now the kegerator setup with a full 20 lb co2 tank, 5lb tank regulators etc and empty half barrel that i traded some duplicate sockets for... that was a "SCORE"!

20 gallons is too much of the same thing for me... I like variety, 10 gallon batches keep the haus ale tap flowing, but the others are constantly changing seasonally. I just think (for me) making 20gal at a time would eat up kegs (and be a pita to do...)...my .02

ya that is what i keep telling myself too, since i don't have a 30 gal boilpot either, ;) haha!

Just curious, because I've never seen or heard of, but does a 1bbl keg exist? I've never seen anything bigger than a 1/2 bbl.

ya i have seen them before, but not in a few years. i usually only see them at weddings where a caterer is doing the bar.

There is a thread around here with a system made from full barrel kegs but i cant seem to find it it looked pretty cool.

not really, ad said 75 bucks, which i thought was a steal for a 30 gal keg.... the persons father drove 40 miles to meet me so i didn't feel right about hagling, so i paid 80 since i didn't have change on me at the time... so not horrible, and i did need a mashtun, but not really a "score". had kansas acb stickers all over it of all things..

now the kegerator setup with a full 20 lb co2 tank, 5lb tank regulators etc and empty half barrel that i traded some duplicate sockets for... that was a "SCORE"!

You paid $80 for a 15 gallon keg? I try not to pay more than $25 for them.

:confused:

Ya, you can find them fer cheap... locally here the going rate seems to be 60-80 dollars. if it hadn't been in such nice shape i would have dickered. I was really in need of a mash-tun, so you pays premium fer fast, just the way it goes... i over paid, but not that much, especially since it was delivered.

Back