Craigslist kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgarino

Reaction score
I found a cheap kegerator on craigslist and was wondering what the average cost is for a new compressor or recharge? It's an industrial 4 keg kegerator. Anyone have any experience in this? Thanks

bgarino said:
I found a cheap kegerator on craigslist and was wondering what the average cost is for a new compressor or recharge? It's an industrial 4 keg kegerator. Anyone have any experience in this? Thanks

My understanding is that it will cost you over $1000 buck to replace the compressor. I would walk away from this one. I have a true TDD-2 dispenser I bought off of Craigslist. The problem you will find is finding someone to work on it. It took me months to get a repairman to the house to change a bad capacitor.

I got a whirlpool 14.5 cu ft for $50.

I also got a 55 gallon aquarium for $25.

Both took some searching.

Call a bar or two and find who they use for service. Call that guy for a quote. We have a BrevrageAir Kegarator that costs $100 each year for service from a professional kegerator repair company. You will be on back burner if he has "regular" customers to help.

It really depends on what it is. Some units are worth it some are not. Cheap Haier or similar walk away. True, U-Line or SubZ or similar it very well might be worth it. I look at it like this. If the cost to repair the unit exceeds half the replacement cost get a new machine.

It's an industrial 4 keg kegerator.

I missed this part. Find a local service company get them the model and serial numbers and get a quote. With that info they can at least tell you the cost of parts and estimate labor.

oakbarn said:
Call a bar or two and find who they use for service. Call that guy for a quote. We have a BrevrageAir Kegarator that costs $100 each year for service from a professional kegerator repair company. You will be on back burner if he has "regular" customers to help.

I went that route and go nowhere most of these guys will not service the unit if it is in somebodies home( insurance restrictions). I ended up finding a guy from a member in my club that did the job on the side.

Back